Baking cakes can be difficult but decorating them can be more challenging. While decorating a cake one has to take into consideration number of factors like flavor, texture and design of the cake. Its very important that you know from where you have to start the cake decoration.
Cake decorating cam be a wonderful hobby and is a great way to express your creativity. Cake decorating is a lot of fun and very rewarding, if you feel you like it well enough you can turn it into a full time profession.
Cake decorating does take a measure of artistic skill. Anyone can master cake making with guidance and tutoring, along with fresh, new ideas and decorating tips. Cake decorating as an art form, will help you expand your imagination and your skills. This will make you proud and the recipient of your work ecstatic.
The are of cake decorating is rewarding to both the client and the decorator of the cake. There may be a level of stress when you are on a deadline but the end result is worth the trouble. When you are able to take your time and decorate cakes in peace, you will find the entire process very enjoyable. One way to cut stress in any situation, is to keep your mind on the design itself, and not let negative thoughts get in the way of your creativity.
Below are a few cake decorating ideas:
– Characters: There are hundreds of famous characters to use for cake decorating. You can make any cake special by drawing in Dora the Explorer, or Blues Clues. Or you may want to cut up the cake to make the entire cake into a favorite character.
– Themes: Maybe you would like to go with a 50’s theme, underwater adventure, sport theme, or a roaring 20’s theme for your cake decorating. Use your creativity and find a theme that will thrill the person you are making the cake for, and the guests . You may want to have a masquerade party in that theme. Whatever you decide, have fun.
– Motor Cakes: Boys are usually crazy about trucks, cars, fire engines, boats, tractors, helicopters, or airplanes. Again you can use your cake decorating expertise to make a farm with a 3-D tractor, a racing strip, or a scene showing a fire being put out by firemen. Of course it all depends on what the particular birthday boy is fond of.
– Animals: You can also use an animal theme by cutting the cake to look like any animal, or draw in a scene using animals. It could be a zoo scene with several animals or choose one animal and decorate the cake with other decorations showing where it came from. Use your imagination.
– Holiday Themes: I remember when bunny cakes became popular at Easter, Wilton has pans and decorating supplies for all holiday cake decorating designs. A heart on Valentine’s day, or a 4 leaf clover on St. Patrick’s day is a wonderful way to say happy holidays.
If you want to get really good at cake decorating techniques, you need to have someone to eat your cakes. This may sound obvious, but I know a lot of people who have struggled with this. If you’re passionate about decorating cakes but do not have a few friends who like the cakes that you decorate, you’ll end up putting on a lot of weight. There will be nowhere to put the cakes, so you’ll have to eat them yourself. It is amazing how quickly the pounds can accumulate when you always have cake about the house. If you don’t have friends who like cake, consider donating your surplus to the local church or perhaps to a homeless shelter. There are plenty people around who will be grateful for any food at all, never mind gourmet cakes!